Toss your bottled dressing out! Why? Because they are loaded with carbs, sugar and preservatives.
Simple. Fresh. Made at home with four basic ingredients you have in your cabinet already. Ok, six if you count salt and pepper. What are they? Olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard and garlic. That’s it. This is my go to dressing for my Mason Jar Salads
Remember, I said basic and it is fabulous just this simple. But it is oh so customizable. If you have a little leftover shallots, mince them and add it. Do you have a little fresh basil? Mince and add it. Want it a little sweeter? Add a dash of Balsamic vinegar or touch of honey. Want a change? Try an infused vinegar, like pear or orange. Try an infused olive oil or a nut oil.
Customize it according to your taste and the type salad you are making. The possibilities are endless.
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced (1-2 cloves)
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 TBP Champagne vinegar
- 6 TBP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt, freshly ground
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- If you are using the dressing immediately place all ingredients except olive oil in a bowl. Then whisk in the EVOO in a steady stream. Otherwise place all the ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake until oil is emulsified. Taste. Add salt and pepper.
- Now you have your basic recipe.
- Add any additional ingredients or not. Be creative.
Splash of balsamic vinegar to sweeten
Touch of honey to sweeten
Calories 184| Fat 21g |Carb 1g
If you add the shallots and basil they will add no new carbs. The balsamic vinegar will add negligible carbs which actually will not change the carb count above because the carb count above was rounded up.