I'm a cheesehead AND of Italian descent. This low carb Deep Dish Pizza satisfies both appetites. I recently microwaved a leftover portion for breakfast and it was almost as good as fresh cooked 🙂
Deep Dish Pizza
The egg mixture and five-cheese blend create a more than adequate substitute for the high carb dough crust of traditional pies.
Author: Diabetic Kitchen
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (5 or 6 cheese blend)
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 20 slices pepperoni
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic power
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature to soften it.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Blend together the eggs and cream cheese until smooth.
- Blend in heavy cream, parmesan cheese, tomato sauce and spices.
- Pour the Italian cheese blend into a 13x9 inch baking dish or pan that has been greased with olive oil.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and blend the cheese so it's suspended in the mixture and not concentrated on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and remove from oven to add layers of mozzarella and pepperoni. Bake for 10 more minutes until bubbly and brown.