It’s Pumpkin Season! Many of you were requesting our seasonal Pumpkin Muffin Mix. We decided that why have 2 dry mixes when you can use one and create at least 3 yummy treats.
Using our Cinnamon Donut Mix as the base you can make Pumpkin Spice Donuts, Cinnamon Muffins and Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
To find out the details (because it is different) on making the donuts please go HERE.
If you want to make muffins you are in the right place.
Using our Diabetic Kitchen Cinnamon Donut Mix you can make these Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
- 1 cup dry Mix (Diabetic Kitchen Cinnamon Donut mix)
- 2 eggs
- 4 TBL Butter, unsalted, melted
- 4 TBL Pumpkin Puree
- ¾ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Lightly butter muffin pan and divide batter equally into 6 muffin wells.
- Wipe any excess batter or butter from top of muffin pan so it doesn’t burn and clean up is easier.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 2-3 minutes then place on wire rack. Cool completely if you are going to frost them.
Calories 86 |Fat 5g |Carb 11g |Fiber 8g |Sugar .9g |Protein 5g
Enjoy this Maple Cream Cheese Icing
MAPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
½ cup Diabetic Kitchen Sweet Zeroes (see method on how to powder it)
2 TBL Whipping Cream
2 TBL Cream Cheese, room temperature
½ tsp Vanilla
¼ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
¼ tsp Maple Extract (optional but delish)
First put our DK Sweet Zeroes in your Bullet Blender and process until it’s a powder. Yes, it’s that easy. Set aside.
Next place 2 TB of Whipping cream for the frosting. Add more if you want it more glaze-like.
Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl. Use a electric mixer to combine.
Top your muffins or donuts.
Calories 25 |Fat 3g |Carb 0g |Fiber 9g |Protein .3g
If you want a Maple Glaze icing instead, you can find our recipe HERE.